Here in western Asturias, where mountains meet the sea, one finds La Montaña Mágica. Sitting in the midst of a truly exceptional landscape, our lodging offers the guest the chance to appreciate its unique charm and to awaken or slumber beneath the majestic gaze of Naranjo de Bulnes and the Picos de Europa – all just minutes away from some of the most beautiful beaches of Llanes and other unparalleled sites for caving, cycling, paragliding, and golf, to name but a few...
After having undergone a meticulous restoration of a country farmstead (while respecting the traditional architecture), this working farm offers lodging with all the amenities: spacious rooms with bathroom and duplex rooms with chimneys, corridors, a gallery, salons, library, and of course those indispensible buildings for farming – an hórreo, stables, and greenhouses.
500 metres from the hamlet of El Allende, La Montaña Mágica spreads across 120,000 m² of pastures and forests for our guests to stroll, read, take in the countryside, or just lose themselves wandering through the peaceful corners of the place. A number of hiking routes start off from the farm itself.
La Montaña Mágica is but 10 min from some of the best beaches of Llanes (Niembro, Torimbia, Barro, Celorio), and still very near the Picos de Europa and Covadonga National Park (23 km from Arenas de Cabrales and 30 km from Cangas de Onís). Guests will find the highest concentration of cave paintings and prehistoric shelters in Asturias (Tito Bustillo, El Pindal, El Buxu, Peña Tú...) within a 25 km radius.
For at least three millennia asturcones have been living on our land. At times on the brink of disappearing, these Asturian horses – highly valued even by the Romans – here thrive, welcoming our guests into the valleys and mountains that have been their domain for so long. The rare pleasure of seeing and petting them is here possible, and enriches this special place, bringing a welcomed sense of calm. And lest we forget the fruits of a working farm – fresh, local produce, vegetables, meats, eggs, honey... all to enjoy the best breakfast and homemade Asturian cuisine.
- Traditional rural farmstead restored with the choicest materials on 12 sunny hectares of farmland.
- 16 spacious double rooms, complete with bathroom, heating, TV, and 8 with chimney.
- 12 of these rooms are outfitted with whirlpools in the bathtubs.
- 6 of the rooms with chimneys also enjoy a sitting room.
- Dining room with lunch and dinner reserved only for hotel guests.
- Living room with chimney, library, and board games.
- Pets welcome.
- Mountain bikes available to guests. Hiking. Information for your leisure time.
- Sales of all our own farm-made produce.